Ever since I finished that little baby sweater, I've really been digging knitting garter stitch. When I first started knitting I seriously didn't like garter stitch. I probably wouldn't have even considered a pattern if it had a lot of garter stitch in it. I even have a few doubts about the sweater, good thing I got over that! As I've been searching for new cute things to knit for babies, I came across this hat and decided that it was exactly what I wanted to work on!
And last night I spent an HOUR casting on for this garter stitch scarf. I couldn't get enough stitches time after time. Finally after spending an hour watching Cupid. (totally cute show, by the way....I wish it wasn't on so late...good thing you watch the show here) I'm using all my random balls of yarn I have floating around in my stash...and rather than weaving in all those random yarn ends, I'm leaving them for fringe at the end! fabulous!
Oh, and I finished my Owl sweater! I finished it over about a week ago, but I still haven't blocked it or gone searching for buttons yet...but I wore it yesterday!! I love the way it fits! The yarn is a little itchy, but frankly that's wool for you... I'm going to go looking for buttons this weekend. I'm glad I got to wear it once before its gets all warm...so I guess that's the one good reason for this cool weather.




No comments:
Post a Comment